Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I am from poem


I am From...
I am from the sandy beaches of the “Sunshine state” to the historical battles of the “Keystone state”.

I am from living with mom during the week to staying with dad on the weekends.

I am from "quit tapping your tap shoes on the kitchen floor", and the sounds of cheers echoing during friday night lights

I am from the Irish Higgins family and the English Pilson family, from potatoes and bread being a part of every meal

From a loving mother who has literally given everything to her kids

From a father who has provided enough life lessons to last a lifetime

I am from four protective older brothers who have taught me to fight for everything I want in life, and an intelligent half-sister whose future is looking bright.

I am from a strong Christian background that has guided my life in a positive direction

I am from ranch dressing fights during Thanksgiving dinner, buying and selling toys with monopoly money in the living room, and scrapbooking all the memories to prove it.

I am from 2 beautiful nieces, and 2 handsome nephews whose laughter and imaginations light up a room instantly.

From a sister in law who has become a real sister, who has given advice and listened to my side of every story, and who has shared the same birthday with me for the past 15 years.

From a grandmother who has never failed to sing “happy birthday” to her grandchildren every year, to a grandfather that is greatly missed.

I am from family pictures that cover every inch of the house, from a shrine of the fallen but not forgotten hero of our family, and where being proud to be an American is the golden rule.

I am from a family that has had many ups and downs, bumps and bruises along the way but has never seized to amaze me with our unconditional love for each other underneath it all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment